Monday, June 18, 2012

I've Got Your Number by Sophie Kinsella

This book was about a young woman that loses her engagement ring and her phone all in one day.  She then finds a phone in a trash can and picks it up, using it until she can get a replacement phone in case anyone finds her ring and calls her.  The plot goes on from there in a typically funny, chick lit way.

I thought this was a great summer read and I finished it in about three days.  I, again, felt as though this book was dragged out just a tad, but overall it was a funny, good book.  I liked the main character, Poppy.  She was a sweet, relatable girl that I fell in love with.  Sam was an okay guy that felt very unapproachable at first but I warmed up to him.

I found the idea of sharing a phone to be an interesting one in this day and age.  When we keep so much of our life on the phone the thought of sharing it can be quite intimidating.  While I thought the plot of two strangers sharing a phone for any length of time was a bit far-fetched, I thought this was a funny book with a great main character whose problems could belong to a normal person.

This was a great chick lit book that I would recommend.  While I liked Sophie Kinsella's 'Shopaholic' series better, I still enjoyed this book and would give it a 4 out of 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment