Monday, June 25, 2012

Lunch in Paris by Elizabeth Bard

This was an autobiography about a young woman who moves to Paris for love and food.  I really don't know why I picked this book up a few months ago except for the fact that I LOVE food and want to spend two weeks in Paris at the earliest possible opportunity--as in, there is a piggy bank on my dresser with coins and dollars earmarked for Paris.

Anyway, this book had recipes as well as some great stories.  I liked the descriptions the author gave about the food in France, but honestly I felt as though the story was more about her frustration with her lack of a career and the difficulties of living in a different culture.  I would have appreciated a lot more about the food in and around Paris.

This review was short because there really wasn't much to say about it.  Almost a third of it was recipes, not many of which I think I'll try, just because they don't seem to be that creative or unique.  I would give this book a three out of five. 

No comments:

Post a Comment