Saturday, June 23, 2012

Thumped by Megan McCafferty

Because I'm a little behind in my posts, there are two today!

This was a sequel to the book "Bumped," a teen novel set in the future that has a virus which renders men and women infertile around their early twenties.  This has caused a wide market to pop up in which teenagers can be matched up by agencies in order to produce the best babies so that older couples can have children.  While I'm not explaining the plot well, these two books were fantastic.  I don't want to spoil the plot of the first book for you, so stop reading now and go buy the first one!

In "Thumped" twin sisters Melody and Harmony are living their lives separately.  Melody is falling in love with Zen and Harmony is trying to live her life back in Goodside while trying to avoid Jondoe.  Pregnant with twins, Harmony is feeling overwhelmed and a little bit detached from the situation.

This book was good, but not as good as the first one in the series.  This one took place over the course of a few days, and I honestly felt like the action was forced.  It just didn't flow as well as the first book.  I enjoyed seeing how the characters worked their way through the situations, but there was not enough depth to them.  I really didn't empathize with any of them.  I found the plot to be interesting, but not gripping.  I finished in a little over a day, but mostly only because the book was so short.

This author also wrote the Jessica Darling series, which I enjoyed until the fourth book and then never finished.  I like her writing style and plots but I guess I feel as though her books are stretched out too far.

Bumped: 4.5 out of 5
Thumped: 3 out of 5

No comments:

Post a Comment